Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stylin' and Profilin'

Yesterday we went to Champaign to shop, which is a HUGE event in our house.  The last time all 3 of us went somewhere other than Bloomington to shop was this time last year.  Jacob wore his new sweatshirt and polo- and popped the collar!  He also wore the black Nikes that Aunt Rachael and Uncle Garret got him for Christmas. 



It's interesting now that when we go out, instead of planning my outfit in advance, I plan HIS outfit.  I kind of have issues with this because I don't want to look like someone's ugly mother, but if there is only time for one of us to look good, I would rather it be him. 

At the mall, we ran into a former co-worker- and very good friend- of mine who reminded me that when we first met several years ago, I gave her a hard time over all of the money she spent on her daugher, an only child.  She gleefully pointed out to me that I was now doing the same thing!  Busted. 


Further proof that we're busted.  This is Jacob eating Frank's ice cream.

Little boys' clothes have been a learning experience for me.  I've come to the conclusion that it's difficult for me to buy clothes for him because I think the clothes should suit his personality, and his personality is still changing..  For instance, the clothes in Gymboree right now are cute, but Frank and I agreed that they just don't look like him.  I'm a member of www.zulily.com but I have yet to buy anything, mostly because his size is always sold out by the time I check the site.  We have the best luck right now at Old Navy and The Children's Place. 

Mamas of little girls have nothing on me, because when boys clothes are cute, they are CUTE!  We found some cammo pants, polos, and t-shirts yeterday, so Jacob is getting a jump on his spring wardrobe. 

Speaking of spring, after the mall we went to Prairie Gardens, one of my favorite places on earth, and I found this:



This is a lipstick plant that blooms in Thai pink!  Love!  The blossoms actually look like little tubes of lipstick, and I am so excited for it to bloom. I'll be sure to post a picture so you can see it. 

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment