- I'm kind of having some issues with how fast the kids are growing. Don't get me wrong-- I don't really miss crying and bottles and all of that jazz, but one day I woke up to children who make references to pop culture and sigh at my ignorance. They are just getting too big. Case in point:
- With Carter in preschool, I went grocery shopping yesterday for the second time by myself in five years, and caught sight of a lady with two little boys who were about one year old and four years old. The older one was running around the cart, and she was totally fed up with them... and here I was in the quiet. Let's be clear: I hate nothing more than grocery shopping with children, but suddenly I missed my little sidekicks! I had to zoom down the aisle before the lady saw me tear up and thought I was completely crazy. (And yes, there will always be summers. And yes, I will again complain about the whining/running/fighting through the grocery store But yesterday, I just had a little moment, so I thought it was worth documenting.)
- Moving along, we recently tried Audrey Hepburn's recipe for Pasta al Pomodoro. This sauce was fantastic! I think I used two cans of whole roma tomatoes and then ran the mixture through the blender at the end (Maybe not so Audrey-like :) )
- Speaking of cooking, I opened my Traditional Home yesterday and found myself a new kitchen. It's a little different than what I normally gravitate towards, but it has so many layers of interesting:
- A few weeks ago, they baled the hay in the field behind our house, so we've been looking at these cool, round bales. It's the first time that's happened in the six years we've lived here, and since we don't know how much longer we'll have the open field behind us, I decided to take some pictures. Jacob's pose cracked me up!
- 'Tis the season for gorgeous sunsets. The light a few evenings ago couldn't have been more spectacular. That orange-y yellow glow is starting to look like fall!