Friday, September 11, 2015

Carter's Turn

Then there's this one.


I don't think I have ever met a more headstrong kid, and that's saying a lot!  When he makes up his mind about something, no amount of coercion is going to change him.  For example. this summer he decided he wanted to do swimming lessons (I didn't even think he liked the water, so I wasn't going to push it.).  He took two months of lessons and had a grand old time!  If I told him he was going to take lessons, he would have freaked out, but since it was his idea, he was fine with it.

As it got closer to the time for Jacob to go to school, he decided he wanted to go, too.  Fortunately, I had registered him last winter for a one morning per week program, and last week we had Meet-the-Teacher Day.

He immediately started exploring the classroom.




When it finally came time for his first day, he was all smiles!  He w as so proud to carry his little backpack and put it in his cubby like a big boy.


His teacher said he was a "delight" to have in class.  I resisted the urge to ask if she had somehow mixed him up with another kid!  :)  Seriously, though, I think he was tired Jacob getting to do all the fun stuff and was ready to do something of his own.  He had made up his mind that he wanted to go to "school" like the big kids, and that was that.

Now if only he would make up his mind to potty-train... !


No comments:

Post a Comment