Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend kicked into high gear on Friday evening with a going-away party for some friends who are moving to Connecticut.  It was held at a steakhouse here in town, and we arrived promptly at 6.  The others arrived shortly after, but the guest of honor (her husband had actually already moved a few weeks ago) was caught up in another happy hour and was super-late.  We all just decided to order without her as she was walking in the door.  Fortunately, I had already fed Jacob at home, and just planned on feeding him a bit from my plate just to keep him occupied.  I was proud of how well he did during the meal... the service was slow...we ordered dessert... we totally tested his good graces because sitting still for that long is not his idea of a good time, but he did okay.  I think it helped that there were a lot of people there to watch, and there were also two other babies there.  (Have to interject that one of the other little guys is almost 10 months old, and he sat quietly the entire time, smiling and sucking on his pacifier.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have such an easy child.)  Overall, it was a good time and nice to see some of our other friends. 

I should back up to Friday morning... This is Jacob watching his babysitter Brittney:



He loooooves her!  He blew kisses to her as she was leaving that evening.  Both Jacob and I will probably have a nervous breakdown when she graduates! 

On Saturday, we kind of bummed around.  Frank went to play racquetball in the morning, and I did some housecleaning.  Jacob assisted by organizing the spice cabinet.




Then we read some books.






(sorry, for some reason I cannot make this picture rotate.) 

On Sunday, we went to church and then took a nice long nap.  Well, Jacob did, anyway,  Sunday also meant the beginning of Frank's Chicago trip.  We could have gone, but I wasn't sure what Jacob and I would have done tomorrow during the day.  If the weather would have been warmer, it would have been fine, but pushing a stroller down Michigan Ave in 30 degree weather just doesn't sound like a smart idea to me.  Plus, it is nice for Frank to get away.  My mom texted this afternoon and said, "Isn't God wonderful to give you a husband to miss?"  True.

This is the third night we will have been apart in 3 years of marriage.  I remember the last night I spent by myself in my condo on Natalie Drive in Champaign just before our wedding.  I couldn't believe I was going to get to share my space with Frank from then until forever.  I kinda like him, though, and sharing our space is natural.  :)  It is strange now to be without him.  Really, it is amazing how God can take two really strong, independent people and make them into family.

I was going to say that it was not an exciting weekend, but after writing that last sentence... I guess it was just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment