Friday, March 11, 2011

Stuff I Have Accomplished This Week

(Other than cooking, cleaning, childcare and work)

1.  Saved $140.  How, you ask?  I was planning to take all of the downstairs drapes to the cleaners, and they charge $10 per panel (I asked).  They really weren't dirty, but I had it in my head that they were dusty, and that was driving me nuts.  Instead of doing taking them to the cleaners, I put each panel in the dryer with the steam option on and a washcloth sprayed with Febreeze.  I was a little nervous that they were going to wrinkle, but they turned out great!  I rehung them, and they look so much fuller and poof-ier.  It took almost a whole day to do all of the drapes, but it was so worth it!

(I'm afraid my list can only go downhill from here.  Saving money and getting poofy drapes is pretty awesome.)

2.  Taught 17 students the difference between HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and EPOs.  We also discussed the difference PHOs and IPAs and why, as a consumer, you would never know the difference.  That's right, it's managed care week in HSM 320!  Managed care is a fun topic to teach, and usually elicits some interesting opinions. 

3.  Pulled Little Dude around in The Box.  The Box is a diaper box with a belt, a sled of sorts.  It was much cooler last summer when he was little and didn't walk much, but now I'm over it.  It's like I'm his personal chauffeur.  The Box has been (*ahem*) lost in his closet for a while, but unfortunately, he discovered it a few days ago.  So I've been pulling him from room to room in The Box.





I've missed this box!  I hope it doesn't get lost again!
4.  Found out that the Rapture will occur on my husband's birthday.  I had googled the date to see if it was a Friday or Saturday and instead found a bunch of articles stating that mathematically, it is the beginning of the end of the world.  Awesome.  Don't get me wrong, I believe that the Rapture will happen, but giving a date for it?  I guess I shouldn't make any non-refundable birthday plans... ! :)

5.  Learned that a 15 month old has a memory of at least 3 months.  Yesterday when we went for his well-check, Jacob knew exactly where he was... and screamed the entire time!  He didn't even want the dr to do the quick little check of eyes/ears, etc.  When the dr said goodbye to him, Jacob immediately stopped yelling, signed "all done", and pointed to the door.  The dr thought it was too funny that he was being ushered out of his own office! 

6.  Came very close to opening our front door and letting the cat go free.  Spring = hairballs.  And if that wasn't enough, she has decided she wants to sleep on our bed.  A few days ago, I found her curled up on one of Frank's shirts that I had just washed and folded.  Nothing like doing laundry twice.



7.  Got my hair cut!  Well, I'll get it cut later today, but I'm excited about it. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment