Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Drift Away

Lately, I've seen a lot of driftwood being used as sculptural pieces in design magazines and blogs.  I have to say I wasn't exactly sure about the look of it.  I like natural materials, but driftwood seemed a bit... rustic. 

Then, I found a piece of driftwood at TJ Maxx for $12.99.  (Technically, TJ Maxx called it, "grapewood.")  Even if I brought it home and hated it, I wouldn't be out that much.  And what do you know...



I like it!  This photo makes it look like a dog bone, but it doesn't look that way in real life.  Here is an up-close picture so you can see the grain.



Now, here are a few pictures from Pinterest that I used to convince myself that yes, this is kind of a cool trend, despite the fact that my husband asked why there was a big stick on the coffee table.


Source: google.com via Lori on Pinterest

Source: flickr.com via Lori on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment