Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Late B-Day Recap

First, did you like my guest blogger?  He's such a good writer that I thought it would be fun to have him do a post. 

Sunday was a hot, windy day, as warm as I can ever remember it being on my birthday, but it was so nice to have a break from the 50 degree weather we've had recently!  We met Anna and Gary for lunch in Tuscola, which is kind of a halfway point between our houses.  I remembered hearing a former coworker talk about the Iron Horse Grille, and it was the perfect place to go- quiet, great food, and most importantly, mac n' cheese on the children's menu.  :)


Here we are in front of the Iron Horse 

After lunch, we went to the outlet mall.  Frank and Gary took charge of Jacob's stroller so that we didn't have to take him to every store with us.  (Plus, none of the three guys like to shop, so it made perfect sense for them to hang out together!) They did, however, come to the candy store with us, and Jacob was mesmerized by a giant bear- wearing bunny ears- in the corner. 



Personally, I think it would have freaked me out as a little kid!  It kind of freaks me out now!

We did some damage in the stores, and Jacob got some cute summer clothes, courtesy of Grandma.  Then he showed Grandma his talents as a race car driver!


 
We were home by late afternoon, and for my birthday "cake," I had decided that I wanted the Ice Cream Waffle-wiches that I had seen in Food Network magazine.  Basically, it's an ice cream sandwich using waffles!  We each ate a half of a sandwich, and they were every bit as fabulous as they look!




Family and ice cream--- how much better could a birthday get?!




No comments:

Post a Comment