Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coloring Easter Eggs

On Thursday evening, we dyed our Easter eggs.  There are so many different types of Easter egg-dying kits on the market!  Last year, I remember that we went with kit that had little stickers and a wax crayon and a little stands for the eggs.  This year, after realizing that we are NOT crafty people, I decided on a Paas marble-colored egg kit.  The trick is that you put a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in each dye cup, so the color adheres to the egg in splotches.  Then, when you put the egg in a different color, it also adheres in splotches and creates a marble effect.

We had great egg-dying technique



And a trusty assistant



But I'm not sure I would really call our eggs "marbleized", and the colors weren't very bright.



We did have fun doing it, though.  (Or at least, I did, haha!)  I think Jacob had fun, too...



I liked the eggs better once I put them in a bowl.  Seeing them all together made them seem more festive.



Happy Easter from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment