Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Golfer

Sometimes, when we watch something football-related, Frank talks about how Jacob will probably want to play football when he gets older.  I usuallyy respond that I want him to play golf  (because he's my BABY-- I don't want him to get hurt!!).  We both golf but rarely get the time to play, so I thought it was perfect when Jacob got a little set of golf clubs from his Great Grandma and Grandpa M for Easter.  We can start him early on his future sport!

We've had such cold, windy days that we haven't been outside much in the past few weeks, but yesterday we were able to get out and do some putting.



His version of golf is carrying the ball while swinging the club... he hasn't figured out that you're supposed to hit the ball with the club.  I've demonstrated how to swing the club, and he looks at me like I'm making it up. 




See?  Ball in hand, and club swinging.  I'm sure the neighbors thought I was nuts, because I was putting all around the yard, trying to show him what is supposed to happen. 


Silly mom.  Your way doesn't make sense. 

Either way, he had lots of fun walking around and swinging his golf club (at the bushes and mulch and his mother).  I can definitely see him developing  his talents as a golfer!

Thanks for the clubs, Great Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment