Saturday, April 23, 2011

Greener Grass


As I was cleaning out my emails this week, I found one I wrote to Frank in July of 2007.  We had known each other less than 3 weeks, and were trading get-to-know-you question and answer type emails.  He had asked where I saw myself in 5 years.  I responded that I wanted to be married, maybe with a child, and finally owning a home.  I went on to say that I would like to reduce my work hours to part-time in order to concentrate on making a home for my hot husband and our adorable child.

Well...  here we are 4 years later, and I have exactly that. 

I'm always the one who thinks the grass could be greener, always finding things I want to change, always working towards more, better, different.  I'm impatient, not complacent.  But wow. reading that email made me realize just how much my life has changed in the last few years, and how grateful I am for the life that I have.  This IS the greener grass. 

P.S.  I think I should set a new 5 year goal to become a millionaire.  I mean, I set a lofty goal in 2007, and here we are, right?  It could happen, don't you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment