Friday, March 2, 2012

Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Cowboy Burgers


Slow Cooker Cowboy Beef and BBQ Bean Sandwiches
via


Usually the recipes I post are ones that I have tried and liked, but I haven't made this one yet.  It's on the menu for next week, but today is a windy, rainy day, and it would have been a perfect day for a warm, slow-cooker sandwich. 




 
Ingredients:
2 medium onions, sliced
2-pound beef boneless arm roast, trimmed of fat
1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño chili (I'll be leaving this out)
12 onion kaiser rolls, split
1 1/2 cups prepared coleslaw

Prepare:
  • Place onions in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Add beef. Top with baked beans and barbecue sauce.
  • Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
  • Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred beef, using 2 forks. Return beef to cooker and mix well. Stir in chili (if using). To serve, place 1/2 cup beef mixture in each roll and top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw

If you test this out before Tuesday, let me know if I should go ahead and make it!



No comments:

Post a Comment