Thursday, November 3, 2011

Please Cars

We spend a lot of time discussing cars in this house.  A lot. We talk about what color they are; whether they are big or little; whether they go fast or slow; whether they have lights, what their horns would sound like; etc, etc.  Two years ago, I never would have guessed there would be this much to say about cars!

Yesterday, we were having a conversation about police cars and fire trucks that went something like this:

Me:  Would you rather drive a police car or a fire truck?

J:  (Makes the sign language sign for "please.")

Me:  Huh?  Please what?  That wasn't what I asked.  I asked if you would rather drive a fire truck or a... (the light bulb is going off over my head by now)  Do you think they're called, "please cars?"

J:  (big smile, nod) Yes

I couldn't help but laugh.  It actually does sound like "please cars" if you think about it! I asked him the same question a few different times throughout the day, just to see if that was really what he meant, and each time, he did the same thing. 

He may not be much of a talker, but the kid knows how to communicate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment