Monday, November 21, 2011

Catch Up

I didn't mean to disappear for so long! 

Let's catch up, shall we?
  • On Saturday, my parents came over to watch Jacob, and Frank and I went out for sushi with some friends.  Can you believe I've NEVER eaten sushi?  I spent the week before asking people what they should I should try, and I ended up splitting 3 different rolls with the other couple. I liked everything! Now I feel slightly dorky for not trying it sooner.

  • Confession:  I have never done a hardcore cleaning of our basement floor, and it has been getting on my nerves.  It's dusty, and the cat litter is down there, so there's dust from the cat litter and it's just gross.  So on Sunday, I bought a cheap mop and spent the better part of the afternoon mopping the floor.  Even thought it's a grey concrete floor, you can definitely tell a difference.

  • We are getting excited for Thanksgiving!  Frank's parents and brother and sister-in-law and their family will be staying with us, and for dinner, we'll also have my parents, grandma, Frank's aunt, and my former co-worker.  I started my Thanksgiving prep with the most important part of the day... the table setting!  (I am my mother's daughter.)   I found some super-cool fabric for a table runner, but because I don't really sew, tried hemming the rough edge with Stitch Witchery.  Big fail.  It didn't bond at ALL.  I tucked the edge under and ironed it into a crease as I would have done if I had sewn it, and I think that's as good as it's going to get.

  • This year, I'm going to try brining my turkey.  I'm trying the Pioneer Woman's brining recipe which looks delish. 
    via


    
    Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving week!

No comments:

Post a Comment