Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Like a Cat in A Car

When I was younger, my brother and I were playing the garage and decided to put our cat in the car with us.  I think we were pretending to go on a trip and wanted the cat to come along.  As soon as we shut the door, the cat went nuts, bouncing off the windows and howling.  We opened the door and the cat flew out.  To this day, both of us remember it very clearly, and whenever anyone uses the expression, "like a caged animal," I always think of that scene. 

Cut to yesterday, trying to give Jacob a breathing treatment.  Poor dude was sick, and here I was putting a loud, scary mask on his face.  He reminded me of my cat trying to get out of the car. 

Frank and I tag-teamed him for his noon and evening treatments.  Nothing says true love like four hands holding a screaming, flailing toddler who is trying his best to get away from you while your wife sings a very pained rendition of Jesus Loves Me above the whir of a nebulizer. 

Fortunately, our experience today has been much calmer, and even more fortunately, we only have a few more days of treatments.


No comments:

Post a Comment