Things I've learned:
- I like white cabinets
- I like dark floors
- I like interesting/glamorous lighting
- I need rugs in my kitchen
- I like stainless appliances (this actually surprises me)
- I like white/light subway tile backsplashes
- I like very clean lines in a kitchen; almost sparse in decor.
And I have two goals in mind for the immediate (probably 2-3 year) future:
- Adding a backsplash to the kitchen. Not sure why the previous owners never did this, but they didn't. We will.
- Changing the countertops. Currently, they are a grey-blue. I actually like the color, but I know not everyone would. I would like to change to something more neutral; maybe a grey, brown, black. I'm not neurotic about granite like some people on HGTV. Quartz, soapstone, and concrete are all materials we like and would consider. We'll definitely talk to our dads and Grandpa Red before making the decision, though, since they have built/remodeled other houses, and we trust their opinions.
I'm open to entertaining any thoughts/comments/sugguestion, especially at this point...