Monday, October 24, 2011

Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

(Subtitle:  Jacob Drives Tractors)

On Saturday, we went to Rader Farms in Bloomington; had a blast doing all the activities, and I forgot my camera.  Genius. 

So today, my mom came over, and I suggested going again so that I could get some pictures of Jacob's first-- er, second-- visit to the pumpkin patch.  I never thought I would question my loyalties to Curtis Orchard in Savory, but Rader Farms is a truly charming little place and has great activities for kids. 

The setting of the Farms is very picturesque, with acres of pumpkins and gourds. 




They have a little cafe and gift shop, but we quickly bypassed those because by this time, Jacob was already pointing towards the activities!

He loved playing on the big "jumping pillow" with Grandma.





We also visited the animals.  They have ducks, turkeys, sheep, pigs, and goats.  One of the goats escaped while we there, but it just sort of hung around the fence until someone came to put him back in the pen.  Apparently, I was the only one who was worried he would run away...


There was a giant slide made of some kind of field drainage tile.  Jacob and Frank loved this on Saturday, so I knew he would want to go again today. 




Yup, he still loved it!
There was a straw maze,


which my son decided to outsmart by crawling on TOP of the bales.

What, like this maze is supposed to be hard?
There were also bales to climb.




But the most exciting part of the farm was all of the tractors!  Are you ready for all of the tractors?!


Here we go...









(As a side note, mom said my Grandpa K used to have Massey-Harris like this one (way back in the day), and she and my uncle used to ride on the footboards, sometimes even falling asleep!  Look at that little ledge in the center of this picture---


Can you imagine letting your kid ride so close to a tire, let alone fall asleep there?!)

We had such a fun morning; can't wait to go back next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment