Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Randoms

It's time for more Friday randomness...

  • Last night's Cardinals loss did not go over well in my house.  Let's just say there was a lot of yelling at the TV.  (and not by me)

  • I'm really hoping for nice weather this weekend because I want to go to the pumpkin patch with Frank and Jacob.  It's one of those places that has lots of things for kids to do, and we haven't been there at all yet this season.  At the beginning of the month, it was too hot.  This week, it's been too cold.  I'm like the Goldilocks of weather-temperature comfort.  Fingers crossed for 60's and sunny tomorrow.

  • I had the best of intentions to cover our window wells this week since it is prime mouse season, but I refuse to go near them if a mouse is actually IN the window well.  That's pretty much ruled out the entire week.  Current mouse count- 3.  Total mouse count for the week- 4.  Thank God they are on the outside.

  • My job situation is pretty depressing.  The university where I taught has seen a 25% decrease in enrollment since last year, and I don't have work.  I've been applying to other places, but I really hate not working.  I've made my own money since junior high, and my current "unemployment" status makes me feel like a loser.  I'm a much happier person when I'm working. 

  • We went to the neighbor's for coffee this morning, and Jacob spent the better part of the time climbing on to their leather ottoman/coffee table and jumping off.  The neighbor's daughter is 5 months old, so I think he was just giving them a preview of an active (almost) two-year old!

  • TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment