Friday, June 10, 2011

The One About Food

I've never been one of those people who makes a menu based on the day of the week. (i.e. Monday is chicken, Tuesday is tacos, etc.).  I think I would get bored cooking that way, and I like to keep Frank on his toes.  I make my menus on Wednesday and go to the store on Thursday (at 8am, sharp, when it is the least crowded). 

Even though I don't always succeed every week, I also like to try to make something new or fun at least once a week, and I have unintentionally designated days of the weeks for certain types of meals.  For example, Monday is usually something quick and easy; Friday is usually my "fun" day; and Sunday is usually some type of comfort food or something that takes a little longer to prepare.  Like I said, totally unintentional, but it's a pattern that has developed and reflects how I feel about those days.  Friday!  Fun!  Let's eat pizza!  Sunday.  Boo.  Let's have chicken pot pie.  (Frank is gagging over this one.) 

We also had a "Welcome Summer" theme happening last week.  Each day had some type of food associated with summer: grilled brats, watermelon, pasta salad, etc.  Yes, I probably need to get out of the house more.  :)

Since today is Friday, you may be wondering what's on the menu tonight.  We're having barbeque beef, baked beans, and mac n' cheese (it's Kraft, lest you think I made my own!).  So apparently, my definition of a "fun" meal = lots of calories! 

Now that I've made myself hungry, I'm off to eat some lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment