Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Danger Boy

On Sunday afternoon we went to our county's fair.  Jacob's main mission was to ride the rides, of course.  He immediately pointed to the ferris wheel.

Uh, not so much, buddy.

After he (and Frank) humored me by strolling through some exhibits and barns, we headed back to the midway to check out the rides.  Surprisingly, there weren't many little-kid-friendly rides; nearly every one had a 36" height requirement.  (He's about 34.5")

After a "discussion" with a carnie, I managed to get him onto this little car ride.



(And look at that girl in the back?  Doesn't she look too old for this ride?  The height requirement thing was nuts if you ask me.)

Anyway, the next ride he saw only had a height requirement of 30".  Jackpot!


It looked like some safari-type ride, and although we hadn't seen the ride in motion, we really didn't even give it a second thought since it fit the height requirement.


Then the ride began.

And I almost died.


MY BABY WAS ON A BUS FLYING THROUGH THE AIR!!

I couldn't even watch it!  I buried my head on Frank's shoulder and listened for it to be done, imagining my kid screaming with fear inside this bus.

(Dramatic much?)

When the ride was finally over, Jacob was squealing, but from excitement!  He loved it!  Frank had to go in and peel him out of the bus.


He wanted to ride a second time.  This time, they had to stop the ride midway through to let an older girl (maybe 9 or 10) off the ride, and as the ride paused, all I heard was my two-year-old yelling, "More!  More!"

Where did this kid come from?!




No comments:

Post a Comment