Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby #2 is a ............

BOY!


He appears healthy, is measuring on track and looks just like Jacob did at his 20 week ultrasound. 

So after hearing he looked healthy, my attention naturally shifted to the nursery.  Baby 2 is getting Jacob's navy and white crib bedding, and Jacob is getting big-boy bedding.  (Poor second child; the hand-me-downs have begun already...)

Jacob's room is very masculine and bold, with dark furniture, apple green walls, navy curtains, and navy and white bedding.  Oh yeah, and there's this huge map in Jacob's room:


For #2, we will use the same bedding, minus the bumper, of course.

But I'm thinking a little lighter and brighter this time.  Since we're saving money by reusing the bedding, I think a coat of paint is in order for Baby's room.  I'm really digging the stripes in these pictures:

Source: hgtv.com via Lori on Pinterest



I really like the light blues, greys, and oranges, too.  Those colors would work well with our existing bedding yet look totally different from Jacob's space. 

This nursery may be the most painless redecorating project I've ever tackled. 

Now, if we could just decide on a name...







2 comments:

  1. Lori, congratulations! Justin & I are so happy for you guys! It's going to be so fun to have 4 crazy boys that are all in the same age range!!!!! Can't wait to hear the name you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I LOVE light blue, dark blue, grey, and orange! It's modern, babyish, but not too babyish! :)

    ReplyDelete