Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week In Review (Picture-less)

  • I took one of those disposable cameras with us when we took Jacob to Chuckie Cheese for his birthday, so as soon as I get those pictures developed, I will share them.

  • I will say that Jacob LOVED Chuckie Cheese.  He got to drive a little red car with a plastic Chuckie sitting shotgun, and he thought it was the coolest thing ever.  Several times a day, he'll get his shoes, stand by the door, and ask, "Chuh Chee?"

  • My Christmas tree has begun the obligatory shedding of pine needles on the carpet.  Come December 26, it is out the door. 

  • My former boss used to say that your work will magically shrink or expand based on the time you have to accomplish it.  In other words, if you don't have a lot to do, you'll do it slowly, because you have nothing else to do once that task is finished.  (Conversely, busy people accomplish more.)  I'm feeling that way about my Christmas shopping.  You would think I would have had everything finished long before now, but it's coming down to the wire.  In my defense, Jacob isn't usually a good shopper and will only sit in a stroller or shopping cart for an hour, max.  He adds a whole new level of challenging.

  • Speaking of bosses, I spoke with my current boss at the university this week, and she invited me to become a visiting professor beginning in January.  I'm currently an adjunct, so this is a step up.  All it really means is that I will be able to teach more classes per year and may be asked to consult on course development, but it is a positive move for me.  Oddly enough, I still don't have a class for the Jan/Feb term but should be given priority by the March session.  That is definitely a good thing!

  • We took Jacob to see Santa on his birthday.  As he protested, we kept added more people to the picture to calm him down.  Our Santa picture this year features not only Jacob and Santa but me AND Frank AND MiMi, Jacob's stuffed dolphin.  We couldn't have fit anyone/anything more into the shot! Definitely a memorable photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment