Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh What Fun It Is to Make Peppermint Bark

I'm not one of those girls who does "Christmas baking." (Much to my guys' sadness, I'm sure!)  All of the overly-sweet chocolatey-ness just doesn't appeal to me. 

One exception, though, is Peppermint Bark.  My Grandma K used to make this for our family Christmas parties, and it's the perfect Christmas candy!

Ingredients

  • 12 oz. of high-quality white chocolate chips or almond bark  (I prefer almond bark)
  • 5 regular sized candy canes, crushed up
  • 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract

Prep:

1 Break up peppermint candy into little pieces.
2.Melt the chocolate over a double boiler (Or a very carefully-watched sauce pan, if you're me)
3.Once melted, add the peppermint extract and stir.
4 Pour the melted chocolate out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and spread out with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the peppermint candy chunks on to the chocolate.
5. Place in freezer for approximately 15 minutes or until hardened.  Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
 
Today I'm participating in a holiday link-up party over at The Dutchess of Fork  Be sure to visit her blog to check out all of the other great recipes!





1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! I love the combination of white chocolate and peppermint.

    ReplyDelete