Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Randoms

Yesterday, Jacob did not take a nap at all.  He went down and babbled for half an hour, and then he started to get MAD.  I went in after 15 minutes of screaming.  Of course, he was tired, so he was super-crabby the rest of the afternoon.  The worst part of this situation was that my allergies were horrible yesterday, and I'd taken a Benadryl, timing it to kick in during his nap.  Benadryl knocks.  me.  out.  cold.  So Jacob was howling, and I was so tired I was dizzy.  We were not a good pair yesterday.

I'm kind of getting excited for fall, only because I want to wear my boots again.  After about a week of cool weather, I'll be ready for spring again, though.

My closet shelf broke last week and I have not yet made any effort to repair it.  By "broke," I mean that the "L" bracket and anchor pulled out of the wall, and the whole shelf slides forward.  I had a suitcase filled with some winter clothes on the shelf, but I don't think that should have caused it to pull away from the wall.  So every time I go into the closet, I look at it, like I expect that it has somehow magically been fixed, but I haven't called anyone to repair it.  It's such a dinky job, I think I'll have a hard time finding someone to come out and do it.

We did, however, successfully program the keyless entry to the garage door last night!  Woo-hoo! 

I also cut back the lilac bushes today for the second time as many months.

As of this week, Jacob and I are now the proud owners of library cards!  We had a playdate at the library, anyway, so it was great timing.  He checked out a Curious George book, and he LOVES it.  It's going to be kind of sad when he realizes that it has to go back to the library.

The time for the Sept class session to start is rapidly approaching, and I still don't have a class.  I was really hoping for more consistent work from this university, so I'm not very happy.  I've applied to another university, and I've made it to the credentialing process there. By having my name in at both places, I'm hoping for a more reliable income.  I should know in another month or so if there is a class for me to teach at the second university, so fingers crossed...

Frank and I are hoping to go canoeing tomorrow if it doesn't rain.  One of our first few dates was a day-long canoe trip, and both of us really enjoyed it... probably because we were kissy-kissy all the way down the river!  I knew it was a good sign when, at the end of the day, I was tired and dirty and I still liked him.  :) 

Happy Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment