Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Room Reveal

Are you ready for the big family room reveal?  I unfortunately forgot to take "before" pictures, but here is what the room looks like now:



I've been super-excited about the pillows during this process.  It was my intention to get some fancy-pants pillows, but then I realized, I have a toddler who chews on fabric like a little moth, so that probably wasn't a smart plan.  I did fall in love with this Imperial Trellis fabric design, and kept my eye out for pillows made from a knock-off of that fabric.  Believe it or not, I found this little guy at Target!



Next, I was obsessed with this zebra pillow from Ballard Designs, but I was not a fan of the $85 price tag (and I wanted 2 pillows!)  The pillows below came from.... are you ready?.... Wal-Mart (!!) and they were $11 each!   


Now, I understand there are probably some quality differences between an $85 pillow and an $11 pillow, but for my purposes, I'm cool with a cheap pillow if I like the design.

I won't say the room is "finished" because I like to change things around and there are still a few things I would like to add, but as far as the "big stuff" goes, it's finished for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment