Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Autumn Nights

After dinner, we usually go outside.  The kids play and ride bikes, and eventually we all take a walk. For the past week or so, I've brought my camera because the evenings have been so gorgeous.

I feel like I can hardly do justice to the golds and oranges that color our landscape or the slight chill in the air or, as of this week, the unmistakable hum of a combine in the fields around the house. Much as I love spring and summer, autumn nights are perfection.






















Relatedly, have you heard of the Waterlogue app? It turns your pics into watercolor-type photos. Most of my adult life, I have been anti-watercolor prints.  I saw them only as decoration in a 1980's South Beach condo (with brass frames, of course).  Lately, though, they've been all over the design blogs and have started catching my eye.

I have issues with faces and colors hanging on the wall (thanks mom), but I think blurred, muted watercolors would look great on the wall, especially if they were actually photos that were meaningful to us.  In fact, I might have my (long-awaited, much-discussed) gallery wall inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment