Thursday, September 11, 2014

School and Races and Birthdays and Dragons

A few weeks ago, Jacob started has second (and final) year of preschool.  Since it is his second year at the same school, it was not that big of a deal.

Our First Day of School pictures did not go well, however, and the best picture I got was of him turned towards the door (because he was mad at me).  Needless to say, I never posted it to Facebook!


The first day was a short day where parents attended with the kids, so I was able to snap some pictures.




I love his little shark backpack!



At the end of the week, we went to Gary and Anna's.  Frank and his friend Mike signed up for a 5K on Saturday morning that a neighboring town was holding as part of their centennial celebration.

It was so humid on Saturday morning, and it rained sporadically on the runners.  I got to go cheer them on and take some pictures.

Don't you love small towns?

There was a clown in the race.


This is Frank, a few hundred feet from the finish.  I love this one, because I knew at this point how well he had done.


Medals!  Frank took 4th overall in the race, and 1st in his age group.  Mike got second in their age group.  He joked that next year he's not inviting Frank so he can take first. :)


That evening, we celebrated Anna's birthday/retirement with a family dinner at a 1920's gangster-themed steakhouse.  It was pretty cool.  They had a live pianist and we had him play Happy Birthday as they brought out the cake.





The following morning, we took the kids to "Castle Park" in Carbondale.  This park is the most unusual park I've ever seen.  (You can read more about it here).  Carter wasn't in the mood to have fun, though, so we wrapped it up pretty quickly.





Whew!  I think that catches you all up on the past couple weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment