Sunday, May 5, 2013

Burlap and Blue Baby Shower

My cousin Heather and her husband will be welcoming their first little boy at the end of June, and last weekend, we held a family baby shower for her at my mom's house.

Of course, our favorite part of hosting was planning the decorations!  We finally decided to go with burlap and blue, sort of a "shabby chic" feel.

I made the pennant garland out of burlap, hot glued chipboard letters from Hobby Lobby, and then hot glued  them to a wide blue ribbon.  (I already had the ribbon-- the advantages of having two boys!).  Mom made the bows on either side and then made little burlap rosettes inside the bows.


We are pom pom freaks.  I love them.  Nothing says "Party" like fluffy tissue papers pom poms!  Mom put these together from a Hobby Lobby kit.  They were meant to be hung so each of them had a little string, and she hot glued the string to a branch to get the look of flowers.


This little wreath was my pride and joy.  :)  The top pennants spell out, "Baby," and the bottom pennants spell that baby's last name, which is edited out in this picture for privacy.


For lunch, we served chicken salad sandwiches and everyone brought a dish.  My other cousin Chelise sewed the burlap runner on the table, and I used a printable for the picture by the silverware.




My sister-in-law Sarah made the cupcakes.  If the teaching thing doesn't work out, she could always open a bakery!


As favors, we gave little Pocket Bac hand sanitizers with a tag attached that read, "Thank you for coming today and touching Heather's life.  Now you can touch her baby!"  I like favors that people actually use, and who doesn't need hand sanitizer?!


Most of my family is oddly freaky about having their pictures taken, so I'm purposely not posting any of the "people" pictures.  We did have a great time at the shower, though.  Getting all the aunts and cousins together is always a recipe for a fun time!

We are so excited for Heather and looking forward to welcoming her new little guy into the world in just a few short weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment