Thursday, May 30, 2013

This and That


  • Yesterday I signed the boys up for the summer reading program at the library.  I felt a little silly signing up a 9 month old, but the library worker said I might as well enter both their names and Carter's points could go to Jacob.  More free ice cream coupons?  Why not!



  • We had a crazy storm on Tuesday night.  It is not unusual to have our patio chairs blow around during a storm, but this is the first I can remember that the patio table blew over.  

And the way this chair landed on top of the other one in the bush almost certainly means it had to have been in the air at some point.  Yikes.  Fortunately, nothing hit the house.  




  • Carter's new game is to dump the cat's water bowl.  He flips the bowl and sits in the middle of the puddle just beaming proudly.  So I moved the bowl onto the dresser where we keep our keys.  It is literally in the same spot-- just off the floor-- and do you think the cat can find her water?  She howls and howls until I put the water on the floor... and Carter watches and waits.  If I don't immediately put the bowl back up when she's finished, he dumps it over and the game begins again. 

  • I am rocking a new color on my toes called Mermaid's Tale by Sally Hansen.  It's kind of a blue-green glitter.  Anna gave it to me and warned that it's really hard to remove because of the glitter, but I'm taking my chances because it's different and I kinda like it. This picture doesn't do it justice.  

  • Why does warm weather make me want to make Jello jigglers?  I am convinced that Jacob would love them.  I bought some Jello this morning, so we'll see. 

  • I cannot believe May is almost over!  


No comments:

Post a Comment