Thursday, July 12, 2012

Out of the Mouths...

Well, it's happened just like everyone said it would.  First, we couldn't get Jacob to talk and now we can't get him to STOP!  He uses words like, "absolutely," and "delicious," and he jibber-jabbers about cars all.  day.  long.  Sometimes, I just want quiet!  He does crack us up with some of the things he comes up with, though.

Here are some of the best ones from the last few days...


J- We have to turn on the heat because it's hot.
Me- You mean the air conditioning?
J- No.  Heat is hot. (Then gives me a look like I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

I don't want dinner, Mama.  I only need chocolate pie.  Just pie, thank you.

I can't go to Grandma Donna's because I can't go to Grandma Donna's because I'm home.

It's hot like the desert, and that wind is blowin' my hair off.

Me- Can you sing the alphabet song?
J- No, I can't and don't ask me to do that.

We in a alligator!  (He meant "elevator.")

Me-  Night, I love you.
J- Night.  I love Mimi.  (his stuffed dolphin)

(Next morning) Me:  Did Mimi have a good sleep?
J-  I don't know.  I'll look for clues.

As I'm singing "Old McDonald," he suggests an armadillo, a hippo, and a giraffe should be on the farm.  I tell him I don't know what sounds those animals make.  "That's really too bad,"  he replies.

and my personal favorite:


I a funny dude!



No comments:

Post a Comment