Thursday, July 26, 2012

Friday Randoms

It's been a while since I've done a random post, so here goes...


  • I've been busy working on the boys' rooms the last few weeks.  We've had Jacob's big-boy bedding since April (April!) but have been slow in renting a truck to get his mattress.  Our laziness paid off because in that time, my dad bought a huge tank of a Yukon, so we ended up not needing to rent anything.  Jacob's room is looking good.  I'm still on the hunt for a mirror above his dresser and then his room will be finished except for a few accessories.  The baby's room is turning out awesome!  The navy, white, grey-blue and orange looks so modern and has such a different feel than Jacob's room, which is exactly what I wanted. 

  • Do yourself a favor and make this salad:
Pinned Image


  • Last week, I had a phone interview with a different university to teach an intro to health professions class.  I'm advancing in their hiring process and have submitted more paperwork, so I hope to hear more soon.  Not super excited about the prospect of a new baby AND a new job simultaneously, but I've been looking to pick up an additional class for a while now, and if this is the right time, I'll just figure it out.  The goal is that if one school doesn't have work for me, the other will.
(I hope I didn't just jinx that by writing about it!)

  • Frank fished another bunny out of our window well this week.  It was a teeny-tiny little guy!  Frank's plan was to open the basement window, put it in a box, and carry it outside... well, it refused to go in the box... so Frank emerges from the basement holding a squealing little bunny by its hind legs!  That was our entertainment for the evening.

  • My phone finally bit the dust.  Totally dead.  Won't even turn on.  I'm excited to get a new phone and retire this one to some sort of phone museum.

  • We've started a new Friday tradition at our house of watching a movie in bed after bath time.  Usually, it only involves about 30 minutes of some cars-related movie on Netflix, but Jacob thinks its great and occasionally, we even get a snuggle from our non-snuggly child!





No comments:

Post a Comment