Friday, June 29, 2012

Ice Cream Graham-wiches

A few weeks ago, while browsing Pinterest, I found a recipe for Ice Cream Graham-wiches.  Supposedly, they are the lower-fat version of ice cream sandwiches.  We love ice cream, and both of my boys- the grown up one and the little one- love sprinkles, so I decided to give it a try.

I wanted to pass along the recipe because we loved them!

Ice Cream Graham-wiches

Ingredients

  • Approximately 30 graham crackers, broken in half
  • Large box sugar free chocolate pudding
  • 8 ounces sugar free or lite whipped topping
  • Milk
  • Sprinkles and nuts, optional
Instructions
  1. Prepare pudding with milk, according to package directions. Whip in whipped topping and blend until smooth.
  2. Place a large dollop on a graham cracker and top with another. Dip each side into sprinkles or nuts if desired.
  3. Place in individual zipper seal sandwich bags and freeze until firm




Recipe and Photo via 

Some additional notes:

I read that they should take approximately an hour to firm, and we were able to eat them after an hour without making a huge mess, but they were really best after two hours in the freezer.  

The pudding/cool whip mixture made a huge bowl, and I got tired of making sandwiches after about, oh, the millionth one.  So I ended up eating a huge bowl of banana pudding/cool whip mixture the next day.  :)

These will stay good in the fridge for up to a week.  I would put them in a ziploc bag once they're completely frozen.


And... just in case you were ready to call me a dessert genius, last night I took dinner to some friends who had a baby, and brought lemon bars.  You know, the boxed kind?  I made some for us, too.  Ours never set up (and I made them in the morning), so I'm sure theirs didn't, either.  We ate lemon goo.  How did I screw that up?!  

Happy Ice Cream Graham-wich eating!





No comments:

Post a Comment