Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Obligatory Christmas Recap Post

Are you tired of Christmas Recaps?  I am.  I'm o-v-e-r the holidays and ready to start 2014.  Still, since this is kind of like my journal, I feel like I should recap a bit.

A few days before Christmas, we went to Frank's parents where we packed in a whirlwind of events including an extended family party on Saturday night, all the boys going to a Rams game on Sunday, our immediate family Christmas party/Great-Grandma's birthday parties on Monday, and leaving on Tuesday. Whew!

Here are a few shots of my in-laws' pretty decorations...




And our pretty Great-Grandmas!




The kids opened presents on a blanket because the glitter wrapping paper was covering everything and every one in glitter!

 Doesn't this look like a luxury car commercial?! The kids loved their big gift from Grandma and Grandpa!


On Christmas Day, the boys were happy to see that Santa had come!  Unwrapping gifts took less than 15 minutes!


We hosted my side of the family, minus my mom who was sick.  We had ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, spinach-and-apple salad and these adorable little grinch kabob appetizers!


We just hung out and played with all the new toys all afternoon.  Try as we might, none of the boys are at a good age for picture-taking.  Jacob didn't want to have his picture taken; Caleb gave me a cheese face; and Carter just kept running away.  Oh well.


I'll close the post with a few parting shots of our elf Kiki.  Kiki isn't one of those really creative, zip-lining elves, but he did have a few tricks up his sleeve, such as...

Taking a bath in marshmallows...


Making a snow angel in sugar...

Getting caught trying to toilet-paper the bathroom...


And playing the little kids' piano on the big piano.


This concludes the Obligatory Christmas Recap Post.  Happy 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment