Yet another post of bullet points...
- When Jacob was a baby, I couldn't wait to get him out of sleepers and "babyish" looking clothes. It just didn't fit his personality. Who puts their CEO in a fuzzy sleeper with monkey feet? It was ridiculous. But with Carter, I am loving the soft little sleepers and crocheted hats. He just smiles and coos, and that look totally works for him. However, I finally broke down and decided that he maybe I should put him in some big boy clothes once in a while. Last week, he wore his first pair of jeans!
- A few days ago, I made Skillet Mac and Cheese from Iowa Girl Eats. It is the perfect cold-weather meal, and I'll definitely be making it again!
- We are huge fans of the new show Nashville. Connie Britton still reminds me of Friday Night Lights, which is one of my all-time favorite shows, so I had to give her a try in Nashville and I'm hooked! I even like the music!
- Look at my little buddy sitting in his Bumbo seat!
Wait, that's my toddler.....
Here's the baby...
He's still too little to sit in in for long, but I think he likes the change of scenery.
- So one afternoon, I was upstairs and heard an enormous crash downstairs followed by, "I'm alright." I flew downstairs and found the bi-fold door to the coat closet had come off the track and crashed into the wall, leaving a huge gash. (The coat closet is one of the many, many "garages" at our house, so Jacob had been playing in there. I couldn't get too mad at him, though, because I knew the track on the door was bent/loose, anyway.) My biggest concern at that point was repainting the drywall because we didn't have any touch-up paint. To make a long story short(er), the paint guy at Home Depot eyeballed a tiny chip of the drywall that I brought in and matched it exactly! He eyeballed it, and found the perfect shade of white paint--- how amazing is that?! I cannot tell you how nice it is to have touch-up paint now! I have spent hours- seriously- touching up all the little marks on the drywall, and it has made me extremely happy.
- Speaking of happy things, we are finally getting Carter to bed at a decent hour. Bath time now starts between 7:15- 7:30, Jacob gets his stories by 7:45, and he and I sing until 8. (Don't ask) By 7:45-8, Frank feeds Carter, and sometime between 8-8:15, Carter is usually out. I still go in and give him a bottle at 10, but he's not actually awake for it. I'm not sure that it's necessary, but I hate to mess with the system right now. He is up between 2-3 to eat, and then up again between 5-6:30. It's not too bad.
- I leave you with a picture of "Cawty Michael" as Jacob calls him: