- Carter is growing like a weed. He is a big fan of his milk and he looves to eat! He's also remained a pretty decent sleeper. We usually put him down around 10-10:30, and on a good night (most nights) he's up around 2. Then he's up again at 5. We're working on stretching out that second chunk of sleep so that he sleeps until 6.
- Everyone's next question is how Jacob is adjusting. He has been a little more lovey-dovey with me, though; maybe because he sees me holding Carter so much. Not sure, but I'll take it. Honestly, he basically ignores Carter. Last week, someone asked him if he liked his new brother. His response: No, but I like his monkey paci. When Carter was about 3 weeks old, Jacob finally decided he wanted to hold him.
- We've had lots of visitors! Grandma and Grandpa M made the drive up to see us.
and Courtney came over one afternoon.
Although he hasn't officially met them yet, Carter has heard about the Tuttle boys and dressed in his camo outfit in their honor.
- Frank has had 3 overnight work trips in September. I'm hoping those are done for a while.
- I completed my training to teach at school #2, and right now, I'm on a reserve list to get a class in November. I have to laugh when I hear people talking about how they stayed in their pajamas all day and never got anything done when they had a newborn. We did have friends who brought in meals every other night for two weeks and that was a huge help, but we have powered though and tried to stay on our routine. We're all dressed and fed; my house is clean; I worked one job and trained for the other. I wouldn't claim to have been a great person to live with this last month, but I can get the job done.
- On September 8, we went to cousin Caleb's 2nd birthday party. He had a Curious George theme!
- We also went to Rockome Gardens to see Grandma and Grandpa before they left on vacation and to meet Aunt Rachael and Uncle Garett.
- We rounded out the month by attending my dad's retirement party. 40 years with the same company is a pretty amazing accomplishment! The open house and dinner were a lot of fun.
What a crazy September! I'm hoping to blog more frequently now that my training class is finished, but no guarantees... ;)