Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Misc.

  • So it's 6:00 in the evening and I'm... blogging???  Guess what else?  There's NO ONE ELSE IN MY HOUSE!  How weird is that?!  I'm getting ready to leave in a few for dinner with some friends, so Frank and Jacob are having Boys' Night at Dairy Queen. 

  • Landscaping is in full swing at our house.  I tore out some Russian Sage (that stuff has roots as thick as my arm!) by the sidewalk and replanted with some Greyleaf Crainsbill.  On the other side of the sidewalk, I divided some lavender into 4 clumps and added some salvia.  On the side of the house, I put in a Sunny Knock Out rose bush, which is kind of a cream color.  I was going for cream/white and purple in front, and if everything makes it- knock on wood- the front landscaping should look pretty good.

  • We have a duck.  Seriously, what it is it with the creatures at our house?  There is a duck living in the fountain grass on the side of the house.  It's probably sitting on a nest, but I haven't gotten close enough to check.  Last Saturday morning, Mr. and Mrs. Duck and Mr. and Mrs. Bunny were all hanging out in the backyard.  I did not bargain for all of these animals.

  • Yesterday, Jacob and I went to a playdate at the park in Hudson.  We've never been there, but since Jacob will go to elementary school in that town, I like to do things there when we can.  The little boy in the blue striped shirt in the picture below will be in Jacob's class, and the little girl would have been also, but her family is moving this summer.  Oh yeah, the park also has a cool Noah's Ark...



  • You've heard the phrase, "Less is More"?  Well, apparently, it bugs Frank, who reasoned with me for an entire evening that less can't be more.  Less can be preferable, but it cannot be more.  He keeps me endlessly entertained.

  • Yesterday was my 24 week OB appointment.  After my next visit, at 28 weeks, I will start going every 2 weeks.  How is it possible that Baby #2 will be here in about 3 1/2 months?!  I've started to get quotes for painting his room, but I kinda need to kick it into high gear if I want to get Jacob's room switched around and the baby's room ready.  I feel like time is flying!


No comments:

Post a Comment