Oh my. It's been a while. Lots going on, but none of it too much fun, and I'd rather write about fun and fluffy. So in the spirit of Courtney's post a few weeks ago, I'll jump back into the blog with a "13 Things About Me" post.
How have I never done one of these before?!
1. I've gotten a little obsessive about keeping my fingernails painted. This is going to be a problem when the weather gets warmer and I'm finally get to do some gardening.
2. I think anything is better with cheese. I'd probably eat the cat if you topped her with some warm, melty cheddar. Yum.
3. My hair is my Achilles' Heel... I never think it looks right.
4. The worst summer job I ever had was during the summer after eighth grade. I babysit for a second grade boy whom I didn't really like (one of the few kids I've ever not liked), and we spent long, nine-hour days together at their house in the country. It was just the two of us and their brand-new yellow lab puppy that I had to house-break. Oh, and on the second day of summer, the little boy came down with chicken pox. I was bored, isolated, and annoyed. I didn't last the whole summer.
5. I would love to be able to do home-improvement/home repair projects.
6. I did refinish my grandma's porch swing once, though.
7. My favorite color is blue... or red... depending on my mood.
8. I like being with Frank even more than I like being alone, and I really like to be alone.
9. If I wasn't in healthcare, I would be a florist or gardener.
10. I've lost the twin boys I was babysitting while taking cover from a tornado. I tell this story a lot, so if you haven't heard it, ask me.
11. My favorite book is Anne of Green Gables.
12. Rodents, especially mice, freak me out. (It is probably best that I don't pursue that gardening career!) I'm actually a little scared of the ground squirrels in the backyard.
13. Every summer I say I'm going to take golf lessons. One summer, I actually will.